TERMS & CONDITIONS
All offers are made, and orders accepted are subject to the following terms and conditions, which may only be varied with the prior written agreement of White Rose Costumier (WRC). Agreement to vary one or more of these terms does not affect the other terms.
These terms may be reviewed from time to time, and WRC may change them without notice. These terms supersede all previous terms and conditions.
All sales and agreements are subject to the law of England and Wales.
1. An order has been placed only when WRC are in receipt of all of the following;
- measurements appropriate to the garment(s) or item(s) being made;
- a deposit of not less than one third of the total order value, excluding p&p, or an official purchase order (the acceptance of which is at the discretion of WRC)
-Receipt of a deposit shall be deemed as an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Deposits are not refundable. This includes cases where materials are accepted in lieu of a financial deposit.
3. WRC does not accept orders ‘in principle’, and a quotation does not form a contract, or an agreement to undertake work.
4. Quotations are valid for one calendar month, unless otherwise stated.
5. Payment is due on completion of items and items will not be despatched to the client until full payment has been received. Payment is required within 7 calendar days of completion being notified. Goods will be despatched within 14 calendar days of cleared payment. In the event of an outstanding balance remaining unpaid for one calendar month, garments may be sold, and the deposit forfeit, or recovery action may be taken.
6. Where goods are supplied under a purchase order, invoices must be settled within 7 calendar days of invoicing. Where payments fall outside this deadline, interest will be charged from the 8th day, at a rate of
8% above the base rate, (as set by the Bank of England). Interest will be calculated daily, per day, or part thereof. In addition to this, a one-off fee of £40 may be charged.
7. If a payment is returned unpaid by our bankers for any reason, all related costs and charges will be passed on to the customer and WRC may charge an administration fee of not less than £10.
8. Prices do not include postage and packing, which will be charged at the actual rate. Postage prices given at the time of ordering or enquiry are estimates, and may be subject to change without notice.
9. Items that are returned by a courier / carrier due to a client failing to collect them, or arrange re-delivery with the shipping company, may be subject to additional postage costs.
10. All goods remain the property of WRC until paid for in full.
11. All design rights, copyrights and other intellectual property rights remain with WRC, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
12. Delivery dates are estimated and may be subject to change unless otherwise agreed in writing. Unless otherwise agreed at the time of ordering, all orders will be added to the end of the current order book.
13. Cancellations must be notified in writing. Orders may be cancelled in writing at any time prior to the beginning of work, without further charge, although the deposit will be forfeit. Orders cancelled after work
has begun may incur an extra charge, if the cost of materials used and time worked is greater than the deposit paid.
14. Orders cannot be cancelled after garments and other items have been completed, or after an invoice has been despatched.
15. Delivery dates are subject to fitting, where applicable. Should a customer fail to attend a fitting, or fail to return a toile (mock-up garment), WRC may move the entire order to the end of the waiting list. If the customer then fails to respond for a period of two months, WRC may consider the order to be cancelled, and the deposit will be forfeit.
16. Customised and custom made items cannot be returned.
17. Where a client has asked for WRC to find and source materials, an additional fee will be payable for the hours/costs incurred. As starting fee for this service is £20 per hour.
18. WRC can take no responsibility for the poor fit of any garment if it is due to one or more of the
- an incorrectly customer – completed measurement form;
- weight or muscle loss or gain between fittings, or between fitting and delivery;
- a poorly fitted toile (where the fitting is done by the client);
- a customer’s failure to attend a fitting or return a toile.
19. Problems must be notified to WRC within 7 calendar days of delivery. Items must then be returned, or a return or fitting date agreed, within 28 calendar days of delivery. After this deadline, all returns / alterations are solely at the discretion of WRC, and alterations may be charged for at the prevailing hourly rate. Alterations undertaken in these circumstances will be added to the end of the waiting list.
20. Returned items must be clean and in a saleable condition. Returned items will not be accepted if items are dirty, damaged, or have been used, worn, or washed. In such circumstances, the full price will be payable, no refunds will be given, and the customer may be liable for further shipping charges. All such returns are at buyer’s risk.
21. Alterations and other work carried out by anyone not in the employ of WRC will invalidate all guarantees, unless otherwise agreed in writing prior to such work taking place.
22. All discounts are solely at the discretion of WRC.
23. All pieces are guaranteed for one year from the date of delivery, unless otherwise stated.
24. Where the client is providing materials, these MUST all be provided at the commencement of work. WRC is not responsible for lack of materials. Delays in receiving materials will also delay manufacture. WRC reserves the right to cease manufacture or cancel an order completely if the client is not forthcoming with the necessary materials within an agreed timescale. Further charges will be incurred for any cancelled work that has already started if the initial deposit is not sufficient enough to cover the hours already worked.
25. WRC cannot be held liable for delays caused by conditions beyond WRC’s control, such as war, threat of war, riots, intervention by governmental authorities, flood, fire, acts of God, strikes, breakdown of machinery, shortage of materials needed in manufacture (or of fuel), illness, or any other contingency which hinders delivery or manufacture, and which is out of the control of WRC. In such circumstances, WRC shall be under no obligation for loss or damage incurred or sustained by the customer.